After a hard day at work, a workout in the gym, or a tiring trip, we all dream of one thing — to get into the shower as soon as possible. Cascading streams of water allow you not only to wash, but also to relax, to carry out a real SPA procedure with massage, or even chromotherapy. All of this is possible when you buy the right shower head. Let’s try to figure out which shower head to choose, which material and manufacturer to give preference to, and which mounting method is best suited.
Showerheads are made from the following materials:
- Plastic. It is easy to guess that a plastic watering can is the most budgetary option, but, despite the low cost, such products look very good due to the metalized coating. Plastic watering cans are lightweight, so you should not worry about accidentally dropping them – they will not damage the acrylic shower tray or bathroom liner. The main disadvantage is low durability;
- Metal. If you do not want to change the watering can in a couple of years, it is better to take a more reliable model right away. The best option is a stainless steel product, it looks stylish and laconic, it lasts a very long time. More expensive alternatives are copper, brass, and Bronze items. Some filter shower head models are decorated in gold and look really luxurious. Metal watering cans are wear-resistant, easy to clean, easy to clean from limescale, and they are least susceptible to bacteria and microorganisms (no comparison with a plastic analog). Naturally, metal watering cans are more expensive than plastic ones, especially for bronze and brass products, which are considered exclusive. Keep in mind that metal is a heavy material and should be handled with care. If it slips out of your hands, there is a risk of scratching the acrylic pallet;
- Metal-plastic. These are not so common products, but it is most likely a matter of time. These watering cans combine the advantages of the two previous options. In them, the body is made of plastic, and the “insides” are made of metal;
- Stone and quartz glass. Expensive exclusive watering cans are made from such materials. Durability and beauty are the main advantages of such products.
Shower Mounting Type
By the type of attachment, showerheads can be divided into the following types:
- Stationary watering cans;
- Watering cans with a flexible hose, or hand watering cans.
Those who have a full bath, not a shower stall, are aware of another way of attaching a watering can. We are talking about a special fork on the mixer, in which the watering can is fixed. During water procedures, it has to be held with one hand, which is very inconvenient. In this case, it is better to retrofit the bathtub with a small wall bracket, into which watering can be installed if necessary.