Yes, we’re talking to you. We’re always looking for ambitious thought leaders to contribute to our online publication. If you have insights into a field given your experience and knowledge, we want to know about it. We’d love it if your idea reshapes the culture of your field, however, our primary aim is to provide our large audience of readers with fresh perspectives on interesting topics, from experts in the topic.
We’ll be honest, though: writing for Metapress takes work. We want your article to be at its best, and we’ll push you to get there. Once accepted, you’ll get extensive feedback from our team, and you’ll work closely with us on revisions.
It’s also rewarding. Thousands of your peers (and potential employers, clients, or publishers) will read your work, and you’ll also learn a lot in the process—about communicating your ideas, about writing, and even about the topic you thought you already knew so well when you started.
What we’re looking for
You may submit a rough draft, a partial draft, or a short pitch (a paragraph or two summarizing your argument and why it matters to our readers) paired with an outline. The more complete your submission is, the better feedback we can give you. Keep in mind that we strive for original content, so please only submit articles that haven’t previously been published anywhere. We’ll look.
Please don’t send us press releases or sales pitches. They make us feel sad inside.
Before you submit, know that we’re looking for detailed articles, typically over 3,000 words, but it’s really about quality over quantity. Make sure to attach at least three previous articles you’ve published from notable publications. We’re looking for writers with real world experience, and choose to showcase experts with extensive backgrounds in their field. Here’s a quick checklist to keep in mind:
- Has a thesis and offers a clear argument—not just a list of tips and tricks—but an actionable, in-depth guide.
- Has a voice. Be bold, interesting, and human. Write in first person.
- Is supported with convincing arguments, not just opinions. Fact-check, and cite sources where appropriate.
- Is accompanied by imagery, video, and other elements to make long articles easier to digest.
All should be well-considered explorations of current and cutting-edge topics in your industry.
How to submit (and what happens next)
Email us your submission!
Here’s what happens after you hit Send:
- An editor will review your submission and determine whether it’s a potential fit. If so, the whole team will review and discuss it. This happens once a week.
- The editor will collect the team’s feedback and get back to you with notes. (We rarely accept an article the first time around, but we’ll tell you if we’re interested.)
- Once you’ve addressed our comments, send your revised draft back. The team will discuss it again and let you know if we want to accept it.
- If we accept your article, an editor will work closely with you on things like organization, argumentation, and style.
- We’ll schedule you for publication as soon as revisions are complete. We can’t give you a specific publication date until the article is almost ready to go live.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Know More, Do More
We’re a dedicated group of millennials creating a community around the idea that when we understand more about the world, we can lead more meaningful and impactful lives. We’re passionate, curious, and tech-obsessed. We’re business owners, engineers, gamers, lawyers, bloggers, and so much more: We’re the voice of our generation. Join us in helping more people make great decisions and find better ways to live a meaningful life.
Contact us with any questions you have for our team, we’d love to speak with you. As one of the fastest-growing resources of expert content on the internet — our entire goal is to help visitors answer questions, solve problems, learn new skills and find inspiration. Let’s discover more together.