Any reputable SEO expert will tell you that the key to any successful SEO campaign is the foundation upon which it is built. It’s not enough to start throwing money at your website and hope for the best. If you really want to cut through the noise and outperform your competition, you’ll need to be meticulous in your planning and dig deep before you start laying brick.
Your business needs to be capable of supporting growth
Before we get into the fundamentals of building a successful SEO campaign from the ground up, first we are going to highlight the importance of preparing your business for online success.
Look at it this way: what would happen if you were to receive an additional 100 orders through your website over night? Do you have the infrastructure in place to take on a dozen new clients? Would such rapid growth turn your business upside down? Or will you be ready and able to facilitate a greater influx of business?
You see, SEO is a slow burner, however, when things do eventually fall into place, it can often feel like your business has become an overnight success – which can lead to disaster if you are unprepared.
So, case and point: while developing an SEO strategy, you also need to be building a solid foundation upon which your business can grow.
How to get started with a killer SEO campaign bound for success
Now, let’s look at everything you need to start building a killer SEO campaign:
- Extensive market research: what does the competition look like? And who is your ideal target customer? The more data you gather on these two points the better position you’ll be in to put together a highly targeted strategy. Never underestimate the value that proper market research will afford you.
- Develop a consistent brand: what tone and language style will you use when creating content? Which font encapsulates your brand? Are your logo and the colours that you use in your design work consistent? Are all of your socials in sync? Before you can even think about online success, first you need to know exactly who you are.
- Perfect your website: does your website support mobile first? Do you have world-class sales copy? Are you leveraging the power of video content? How fast does your website load? Is there a smooth user experience? Is your technical SEO on point? Without airtight onsite SEO, your offsite efforts will amount to nothing.
- Don’t neglect your local SEO: while it’s great to work on your online presence as a whole, focusing on local SEO is something that many business owners neglect. Miami based business? Hire a Miami SEO company to help you strategize a kick-ass local SEO campaign with geographically targeted content to give your website that extra edge.
- Choose high and low volume keywords: carry out extensive keyword research and look at what people who are actively searching for your services are typing into Google. Focus on both high and low-volume keywords and make sure that your content marketing reflects them.
SEO is all about the long game. The more time you invest in developing your strategy and preparing your business for success, the greater your chance at achieving the results you desire and taking your business to even greater heights.
Know the market, set realistic expectations, set aside a pragmatic budget, and outsource your requirements to the experts!