“How to beat Arlo” is a common query amongst Pokemon Go trainers as they navigate through the game’s dynamic and evolving environment. Niantic, the game’s developer, consistently introduces fresh features, events, and characters to maintain excitement and engagement within the player community. Arlo, a prominent Team Rocket leader, is one such character who poses a significant challenge with his strong roster of Pokemon.
Engaging with Arlo demands careful planning, strategic thinking, and a well-curated team of Pokemon. This guide aims to ease your confrontation with Arlo, offering advice on the best Pokemon counters to use against him in September 2023 and highlighting their specific weaknesses. Additionally, we provide valuable tips and strategies to enhance your probability of claiming victory against this formidable opponent.
Arlo is known for his diverse lineup of Pokemon, which makes it crucial for trainers to have a well-rounded team to counter his strategies. His lineup often changes, keeping trainers on their toes and forcing them to adapt their strategies. As of September 2023, Arlo’s lineup consists of the following Pokemon:
Each of these Pokemon poses a unique threat, so it’s important to have a variety of counters at your disposal. Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of each of these Pokemon is key to developing a successful strategy.
Scizor is a Bug/Steel type Pokemon known for its high attack power and defense. Salamence is a Dragon/Flying type Pokemon with a high attack stat and a wide range of powerful moves. Charizard, a fan-favorite, is a Fire/Flying type Pokemon with a balanced stat distribution and a versatile move pool.
Best Pokemon to Use Against Arlo
Scizor is Arlo’s first Pokemon and is a Bug/Steel type. This combination of types gives Scizor a number of resistances, but also several key weaknesses. To counter Scizor, trainers should consider using Fire, Flying, or Rock type Pokemon. These types can exploit Scizor’s weaknesses and deal significant damage.
Some of the best Pokemon to use against Scizor include:
- Moltres: As a Fire/Flying type, Moltres has a double advantage against Scizor. Its Fire-type moves will deal super effective damage, while its Flying-type moves will help avoid Scizor’s Bug-type attacks. Moltres’ high speed and attack stats also make it a formidable opponent.
- Tyranitar: Tyranitar is a Rock/Dark type Pokemon, making it an excellent counter against Scizor. Its Rock-type moves will deal super effective damage, while its Dark-type moves will help resist Scizor’s Bug-type attacks. Tyranitar’s high defense and HP also make it a great choice for tanking Scizor’s attacks.
Salamence is Arlo’s second Pokemon and is a Dragon/Flying type. This type combination gives Salamence a number of resistances, but also several key weaknesses. To counter Salamence, trainers should consider using Ice, Fairy, or Rock type Pokemon. These types can exploit Salamence’s weaknesses and deal significant damage.
Some of the best Pokemon to use against Salamence include:
- Mamoswine: Mamoswine is an Ice/Ground type Pokemon, which gives it a double advantage against Salamence. Its Ice-type moves will deal super effective damage, while its Ground-type moves will help resist Salamence’s Flying-type attacks. Mamoswine’s high attack stat and access to powerful Ice-type moves make it a great choice against Salamence.
- Gardevoir: Gardevoir is a Psychic/Fairy type Pokemon, making it a great counter against Salamence. Its Fairy-type moves will deal super effective damage, while its Psychic-type moves will help resist Salamence’s Dragon-type attacks. Gardevoir’s high special attack stat and access to powerful Fairy-type moves make it a formidable opponent for Salamence.
Charizard is Arlo’s final Pokemon and is a Fire/Flying type. This type combination gives Charizard a number of resistances, but also several key weaknesses. To counter Charizard, trainers should consider using Rock, Electric, or Water type Pokemon. These types can exploit Charizard’s weaknesses and deal significant damage.
Some of the best Pokemon to use against Charizard include:
- Rhyperior: Rhyperior is a Ground/Rock type Pokemon, which gives it a double advantage against Charizard. Its Rock-type moves will deal super effective damage, while its Ground-type moves will help resist Charizard’s Fire-type attacks. Rhyperior’s high defense and HP make it a great choice for tanking Charizard’s attacks.
- Raikou: Raikou is an Electric type Pokemon, making it an excellent counter against Charizard. Its Electric-type moves will deal super effective damage, while its resistance to Fire-type attacks will help it withstand Charizard’s powerful moves. Raikou’s high speed and special attack stats also make it a formidable opponent.
Weaknesses of Arlo’s Pokemon
While Arlo’s lineup may be formidable, it’s important to note their weaknesses to maximize your chances of success. Here are the weaknesses of Arlo’s Pokemon:
- Scizor: Scizor is weak to Fire, Flying, and Rock type moves. Exploiting these weaknesses will help you defeat Scizor quickly. It’s also worth noting that Scizor’s high defense stat can be bypassed by using special attacks.
- Salamence: Salamence is weak to Ice, Fairy, and Rock type moves. By using Pokemon with these move types, you can deal significant damage to Salamence. Salamence’s high attack stat can be intimidating, but its defense stat is relatively low, making it vulnerable to powerful attacks.
- Charizard: Charizard is weak to Rock, Electric, and Water type moves. Taking advantage of these weaknesses will give you the upper hand in battles against Charizard. While Charizard has a balanced stat distribution, its HP is relatively low, making it susceptible to high-damage attacks.
In conclusion, countering Arlo in Pokemon Go requires careful planning and a diverse team of Pokemon. By using the best counters for each of Arlo’s Pokemon, such as Moltres against Scizor, Mamoswine against Salamence, and Rhyperior against Charizard, trainers can increase their chances of victory. Additionally, understanding the weaknesses of Arlo’s Pokemon, such as Scizor’s vulnerability to Fire, Flying, and Rock type moves, will further enhance your battle strategy. So, gear up, trainers, and get ready to take on Arlo in September 2023!
Remember, the key to success in Pokemon Go is understanding your opponent’s strengths and weaknesses, and adapting your strategy accordingly. With the right team and the right strategy, you can defeat Arlo and prove yourself as a top Pokemon Go trainer. Good luck, and happy battling!