Domain-Based Message Authentication, Reporting and Conformance or DMARC is an industry recommended and acclaimed standard for email authentication. Since the onset of the digital age, the internet has become the breeding ground for hackers, impersonators and threat actors who attempt at using the company domains of various small, medium and large enterprises to trick unsuspecting clients and users. This can drastically affect a company’s reputation and credibility. DMARC can protect you from brand abuse and impersonation by providing you with the power to prevent impersonators from abusing your domain name. Implementing DMARC is therefore crucial to an organization’s growth, reputation and security.
What Does DMARC Do for Your Business?
The phishing scams have been on the rise, with the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. In February of 2021, Twitter users dispensed emails alleging to be from the NHS, offering lures for COVID-19 vaccine. Elderly citizens expecting to receive such emails naturally easily fell prey to the scam and submitted their sensitive information on the fraudulent website.
Now suppose threat actors use your domain name to send similar phishing emails from a forged or spoofed address to your employees, clients or partners. These are people who have relied on your services and brand for years on end, and trust you blindly. They will therefore readily open the email and follow the procedures, only to get scammed in the end. Needless to say, next time they would be heavily reluctant to open even legitimate emails sent by you.
If you are with me so far, you might have already guessed how drastically email fraud and domain spoofing attacks can harm your brand’s reputation, credibility and authenticity, in the eyes of your esteemed clients and partners. DMARC can give your brand a considerable level of immunity from these malicious indictments.
- DMARC at the correct policy can protect against domain spoofing attacks, email phishing attacks and BEC.
- Implementing DMARC can improve your email deliverability rate by 10% over time
- It can help improve your server reputation at your receiver’s end
- DMARC ensures that your legitimate emails never get flagged as spam
Implementing DMARC in 3 Easy Steps
SPF and DKIM and two staple email authentication protocols that work together to authenticate your emails when you implement DMARC. DMARC is nothing but a DNS TXT record that is published in your domain’s DNS, but you can often go wrong with the syntax of your text record, rendering your record invalid. Given below are 3 easy steps to blast off your email authentication journey, the right way:
- Publish your SPF, DKIM and DMARC records using our free SPF, DKIM and DMARC record generators from our Power Toolbox
- Shift from a policy of none to enforcement with our DMARC analyzer to protect your brand against domain abuse and impersonation
- Enable DMARC monitoring and reporting for your domain, with DMARC aggregate and forensic reports, to gain enhanced visibility into your email ecosystem
How Can PowerDMARC Help Escalate Your DMARC Implementation Journey?
PowerDMARC, as your DMARC service provider, offers much more than email authentication services. This is because we realize that information security is a vast domain and simply publishing your DMARC record isn’t enough to gear up against the rising rate of domain spoofing attacks, email phishing and BEC. We strive to make email authentication easier and more accessible to enterprises of all sizes.
- We simplify DMARC aggregate reports from complex XML files to simple, readable tables and charts for ease of understanding
- We encrypt your forensic reports with your own private key that even we don’t have access to
- We offer scheduled DMARC PDF reports that you can share with your employees, generated automatically as well as on demand
- Our multi tenant SaaS platform assembles an array of authentication protocols like BIMI, MTA-STS and TLS-RPT apart from the standard authentication practices
- We also help you evade multiple SPF flattening problems and SPF implementation errors like exceeding the SPF 10 lookup limit
Sign up with PowerDMARC’s free DMARC analyzer tool to give your domain reputation and email deliverability a significant boost today!