Brands are evolving their utilization of video content as a key part of their business models through streaming video online.
It is not mutually exclusive to choose between an on-demand model or a live streaming model for your video content. Although you can share your videos using both and make money from your audience, each method of video delivery has unique benefits and uses.
But to find the right video streaming solution for your business needs, you must understand the individual applications along with the differences between both VOD and live streaming delivery methods. Also, we shall learn about how a unified streaming platform can help in making the video delivery experience better.
The reality tv shows and social media platforms like Instagram, Youtube, etc. have inspired the live streaming strategy. Your audience comes to these channels where you could explore applications of live streaming in unique and creative ways.
The concept applied here is how publishers and content creators leverage their pecuniary content within minutes of the momentary time in a live viewing space. The live streaming technology has become a boon for various content creators to connect easily with the live watching audience, as the segment of live audience is completely different from other viewers of the same channels.
The live streaming technology works best for certain applications, where you have the widest range of audience who love watching live content on channels like Youtube, Instagram, twitter, Facebook, etc. Brands rely on innovative technology to provide their customers with a smooth experience. Specifically, streaming protocols assist them in delivering broadcasts to their viewers. Two of these formats, HLS and MPEG DASH, are widely used in the business. You may learn more about the differences between the two here.
- Live concerts – It allows for greater coverage and engagement even for people who can’t attend the concerts due to physical constraints.
- Sports, breaking news – It allows for repurposing the live streaming content with publishing video scripts for maximum relevance of the content.
- Conferences – It provides new business collaborative opportunities and helps build a wider audience base.
- Exclusive live content – It helps in getting high audiences as the exclusivity builds curiosity with the audience to be included in the live video streaming.
- Gaming – It is the most common live streaming application as there is a huge fan base of live streaming technology.
- QnA sessions – It helps you understand your audience through live interaction with your audience.
There is a sudden predominant shift from prime time viewership to a convenient time viewership. This has leveraged the on-demand video content of high-iterated quality, at any time from any place by the customers.
The video on demand system allows your target customers to access selected video content from your online libraries of their interest. The video content of on-demand type is available to customers from devices like tablets, PCs, or TVs.
- Fitness vlogs
- Spiritual meditation Vods
- Entrepreneurial stories
- Film videos
- Educational Vods
Evidently, the live streaming method directly delivers exhibited live video content to the public, and without recording the first bite of live video you cannot create the VoD streams separately.
Also, one of the major differences between live streaming and VoD is that the live streaming content reduces the monetary value of your curated media, as it is restricted to a small live period.
Though both the models have individual important applications and can vary in accordance with your business goals. Considering every aspect of the video streaming market, it is recommended to opt for VoD streaming solution, as it becomes a constant mode of revenue-generation solution. Also, it brings consistency of high value to your online streaming platform.
However, the VoD and live streaming methods should not always be exclusive of each other. Many businesses can go for a hybrid video streaming business model, which develops the most innovative video streaming experience.
- You can create real-time interaction with your audience with live streaming, which spreads your information and brand recall.
- Also, you can record these live videos and schedule the future uploads as a VoD content, which allows for return of the viewers for later viewing.
- Some pre-recorded videos can also be streamed live at a particular time, which is adaptive to the changing social distancing regulations too.
Live streaming has its own viewership of certain content like breaking news, conferences, live concerts, gaming, etc., while VoD streaming provides comfort to the viewers for accessing video content like entertainment videos, movies, fitness and meditation vlogs, etc.
Most of the entertainment video streaming channels like Netflix, Prime, etc. provide VoD content to the viewers.
It is not necessary to choose just one method of video delivery, you can also go for a hybrid model of video streaming methods. For example, Instagram allows you to start live video streaming along with posting permanent VoD reels, posts, etc.