The gaming industry market demonstrates positive dynamics every year. Revenues keep growing from the console, desktop, and mobile developments. The possibility to play in the demo mode has a significant impact on attracting users, for example, the Eye of Horus demo enables gamblers to first study the rules and gameplay of a video slot, and only then start playing for real money.
According to DFC Intelligence, an authoritative research company, today almost 40% of the world’s population is passionate about games, and in terms of numbers, this is 3 billion people.
It is not surprising that along with the growing demand for video games, there is growing competition between companies, studios, and indie projects. It is getting harder and harder to take the lead in the top developer rankings. The stakes are going up; it takes a lot of financial investment and an extraordinary approach to create a product that enables its developers to stay on the top list.
New technologies contribute not only to the development of the gaming industry but also raise the requirements of the gamers. Players become more attentive and notice any flaws, inconsistencies, and bugs in the games. In this regard, companies make every effort to gain audience loyalty and provide a quality product.
Let us look at the TOP 3 3D video game developers that were distinguished by many highly rated publications in 2021.
This French company started its activities as a distributor of other developers’ video games. Having realized their profitability and demand, it soon began to develop its own products. Having worked its way up from a small family company, today Ubisoft occupies the well-deserved first place in the ranking of gaming industry leaders. Users know it for such games as:
- Assassin’s Creed — the recently launched Valhalla action-adventure franchise; it is the 12th game in the series; there are versions for Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S platforms.
- FarCry 2 — the second part of the first-person shooter. It takes place in Africa where players will have to fight with the local natives.
- Beyond Good & Evil — released in 2003, but remains popular on Gamecube, PC (Windows), PlayStation 2, and Xbox platforms.
- Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is an award-winning game that has already got critical acclaim and become legendary, as evidenced by the release of online slot games with the famous character by Mascot Gaming.
From its early days, Ubisoft has been developing and growing rapidly by acquiring new companies and opening offices in Europe and America Nowadays, its offices successfully operate in the U.S., Canada, Russia, Italy, Germany, Ukraine, and other countries
It is an American company founded by five enthusiasts back in 1998. Today it has become one of the largest companies in the world with offices in many countries, such as the USA, UK, Canada, and India. The ecosystem of the giant consists of several companies, each specializing in its own field. The distribution of responsibilities enables the developer to optimize the work of all industries working as an integral organism.
RockStar Games is known primarily for the game Grand Theft Auto, which has become a separate universe with an open world and complete freedom of action. Each new part is welcomed with great delight by fans of the multi-platform game, as well as by numerous critics. Despite the fact that GTA V was released back in 2013 (with re-releases for new game consoles), it is still an example of an unsurpassed virtual 3D world.
In addition to the GTA series, RockStar Games has many interesting products in its portfolio, including the following:
- Midnight Club — an arcade game featuring moto and car racing through the streets of cities with the possibility of car tuning and dynamic adventures with chases and arrests;
- Max Payne — 3D third-person shooter about an ex-agent, who was unfairly accused of a crime. The game is made in the noir genre, which was enthusiastically welcomed by the audience. Later on, a movie was made under the same name and with the same main character. It would not be surprising if soon exciting online slot games are developed on the same topic.
- Red Dead — a third-person adventure western set in the realities of the American West at the end of the 19th century. There are three parts of the game today; the last one was created in 2018.
The company took its first steps back in 1982 when home computers were just coming to the market. Starting its activity as a publisher, Electronic Arts invited game developers and started creating its own game products. Series of such games as FIFA, UFC, and NHL can be safely called the most famous of them. They are released under the brand name EA Sports.
However, this is only a sports direction. There are no less popular games in addition to it:
- American McGee’s Alice – it is based on L. Carroll’s story, but with a grimmer storyline. The game is developed for Windows and Mac OS, as well as PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
- Battlefield — there is hardly any gamer who is not familiar with this tactical and strategic shooter; up to 64 players can take part in the game.
- Crysis — this is a sci-fi first-person shooter. It was re-released with improved graphics in 2020.
- Need for Speed — it is known by everyone who likes racing even if a little bit. The game is considered the most successful of all the franchises in this category.
- The Sims – it is the leader in sales around the world; a sandbox provides the opportunity to create your own virtual life, enjoy the freedom of action, and share successes online.
- Star Wars — it’s hard to count how many Star Wars episodes have come out since the first one was introduced. The famous story of space adventures and battles is available on most consoles, computers, and mobile devices.
This is not the complete list of world-famous developments that have brought fame and solid financial profit to the companies.
In addition to the above leaders of the gaming industry, the following giants can be added to the list: Valve Corporation with their Counter-Strike, Blizzard that developed StarCraft and WarCraft and has the world lead in capitalization, as well as Nintendo that created Super Mario and truly revolutionized the history of the gaming industry.