You might have already tried several popular games and noticed how some give you rewards for every third $0.3 spin, while other games gorge $30 before giving you $3 back. What is that, and how does that work? Is that luck? The answer is negative! While luck remains a significant and influential aspect, you can boost your chances of winning with rationality and research.
That is volatility that lets you enjoy sustainable wins or lose everything without getting even a half back. As a rule, good casinos like Bizzo Casino ελλαδα have slot games of different volatilities. If you lose too often, that does not mean a casino is unfair. Here is the full explanation of how all the slot volatilities function, plus some suggestions!
Low Volatility Slots
- Optimal for: novices, casual gamblers
- In brief: small rewards often
Low volatility slots are games that give you rewards often, but those rewards are rarely bigger than X2 of your bets. For instance, you bet $1, but the winning combination gives you only 30 cents back. Your next $1 bet gives you $1. The third identical bet gives you $1.7 — as a result, you have the same amount of money you started with.
Low-volatility slots might “eat” up to $30 and give you the so-called big win that will return 95-99% of your losses. If your next spin is lucky again and you get a good win for a small bet, you might earn several extra dollars. Nevertheless, such slots never give you a lot of money.
Does that mean such games are useless? No! Those games are the #1 choice for novices who must practice. Also, casual gamblers exist and want some thrill but want to remain 100% safe and protect their money. Hence, low-volatility slots are 10/10 games you can enjoy practicing for bigger wagers or merely relaxing after a long day.
What are some of the best low-volatility games? Those would be
- Starburst by NetEnt — over 96% RTP
- Sherlock by World Match — over 98% RTP
- Holmes and the Stolen Stones by Yggdrasil — over 96% RTP
- 1429 Uncharted Seas by Thunderkick — over 98% RTP (it has a memorable design, too!)
- The Hive by Betsoft — 97% RTP
- Crystal Queen by QuickSpin — over 96% RTP
2. High-Volatility Slots
- Optimal for: High rollers and whales, risky bettors, experienced gamblers
- In brief: Immense rewards rarely
Contrary to the previous game type, aggressive slots are sometimes mistaken for Progressive jackpots online. Sure, many highly-volatile slots have progressive jackpot features, but not every jackpot game is aggressively volatile.
So, such demanding games will gulp your every $50 stake without giving you a cent back. At some point, the game is on fire, and you get a reward that’s 10X bigger than your bets! These slots throw $10,000 at you, but the next spin might be a loser and make you lose $500. Yet note that such games tend to have higher max win limits, making it possible to snatch X10K money you have staked.
The risk-takers who want it big and fast will love this type of slot since they usually have higher RTP ratios than low-volatility games or games with medium volatility (see below). The best aggressively volatile slots are
- Thrones of Persia by TomHorn — 98.8% RTP
- Rich Wilde and the Tome of Madness by Play’nGo — 96.59% RTP (this game is a 10/10 regarding design and gameplay)
- Pentagram 5000 by Realistic Games — 97.5% RTP
- Volsunga by Electric Elephant — 97.2% RTP
- Blackmoore Wolf by Merkur — 96.9%
3. Medium Volatility
- Optimal for: Novices who have advanced, casual gamblers with experience, high rollers (sometimes)
- In brief: good rewards sometimes (there is balance)
Medium-volatility games are the best for both beginners and experienced players. They offer medium winnings, so you feel as if you’re getting something that is not very big but still a good result. As a rule, such slots will return between 90% and 96% at their max potential. So, the payouts might be variable, and that’s a good thing because you have chances to get X5K of your bet but remain unlikely to lose more than $1K even if you are super unlucky.
What are some medium-volatility games?
- Hell’s Kitchen by NetEnt — 96.07%
- Carnival Queen by Thunderkick — 96.10%
- Satoshi’s Secret by Endorphina — 96%
Now it’s time to decide which type of slot you prefer. There is no right answer, and every gambler can choose any game they like depending on their mood for the day. However, we recommend trying out different types at least once, as each will offer a unique experience that might change your gambling life forever! Good luck!