3D graphics are used in various fields – from architecture and interior design to computer games. Many areas of activity are difficult to imagine without volumetric visualization.
We are talking about 3D-designers – specialists who are engaged in the creation of three-dimensional objects. Most often, their skills are required in interior design, for example as a 3d furniture modeling company, and landscapes, creating advertising banners, videos and graphics in video games.
Directions in 3D Design
The profession of a 3D designer includes several areas that require a different set of skills. Depending on the specialization in which the designer works, the following activities are distinguished:
The main occupation of a 3D visualizer is to make three-dimensional drawings of objects that exist only in the form of sketches and documentation. This specialist approves plans for landscapes and houses. He often interacts with architects and engineers.
* What spheres you can work in: architecture, construction, furniture creation, interior design, landscape design, cinema, video games.
* What programs are used: 3ds Max, Alias, Arnold, Maya, Revit.
3D animator creates and animates 3D characters for cartoons and games. He can also create models for cinema. The main responsibility of this profession is the development of moving objects. It should be noted that a good specialist in this field must have extensive knowledge of anatomy, as well as psychology, so that the animated characters look realistic and believable.
* Areas you can work in: video games, advertising, cinema, animation.
* What programs are used: 3ds Max, Arnold, Maya, Maya LT.
The main task of a 3D modeler is to create 3D models based on real or imaginary objects. The main part of the work is to work out small details. The job of a modeler requires attentiveness from the candidate, as well as perseverance.
* In what areas you can work: art direction, the creation of accessories, jewelry, architecture and sculpture.
* What programs are used: 3ds Max, Blender, Cinema 4D, Houdini, Maya, ZBrush.
Key 3D designer skills
The specialist must be able to:
* create three-dimensional realistic images;
* work in various programs for visualization, animation and modeling;
* create 3D models from scratch;
* cooperate with other people – both the team and the customers, depending on whether he works for the studio or for himself;
* understand art styles;
* comply with the deadlines.
At first glance, it seems that this is quite difficult, but in fact, everything is much simpler, especially if you learn a profession not on your own, but from specialists. Good 3D design courses are designed so that students are completely immersed in the profession and learn the intricacies of art through practice.
But in addition to practical skills, a good 3D designer must have a number of personal skills:
* vivid imagination;
* high level of care;
A sense of style, observation and a sense of taste will also not interfere.
The work of a designer is very interesting and exciting. Of course, you have to work hard to achieve the desired results. If you want to change your profession and become a 3D designer, you need not be afraid, but study. Fortunately, the profession can be learned through online learning. Or you can just turn to real professionals in their field 3Nitro.