Car radios are small transmitters operating in a particular range that provides radio communication while driving. Most car walkie talkies are no larger than a car radio, and help owners of small, conventional, and large vehicles quickly and easily communicate with each other.
An important advantage of car walkie talkieis that they make it possible to listen to general communication channels on the road, which often provide valuable information for the majority:
- congestion of highways;
- traffic jams in megacities;
- the presence of traffic police posts on the intended road.
With the help of a car radio, you can learn a lot about the nearest parking lots, cafes, and hotels and whether it is possible to bypass the resulting traffic jam. In addition, the use of a walkie talkie allows you to get help from other drivers if necessary and send an SOS signal to the general channel.
Modern walkie talkies for cars
Although most modern drivers believe that communication using a mobile phone is more convenient, in fact, car radios have undeniable advantages over cellular ones. They provide unlimited time communication, both within the busy metropolis and in the backwoods remote from civilization and the mobile network, allow you to communicate not only more economically but also faster, and, moreover, do not limit the circle of communication, including completely unfamiliar people who have helpful information or are able to come to the rescue.
The onboard network powers car radios, and, in addition to the base station itself, they also require the obligatory installation of an antenna on the car. Almost all walkie talkies intended for a vehicle do not require obtaining permits from government agencies and do not need to be registered.
Functionality and features
The more valuable functions, the better, of course, but among the must-have professionals, distinguish the following:
- The most important feature of any car radio that you need to look at is the noise cancellation system. Even if the reception is poor, using this function can significantly improve the sound quality.
- You should also pay attention to the number of grids. The more of them, the better.
- A good walkie talkie should also provide instant access to an emergency channel with a separate button and the ability to exit to channel 15, which is used by truckers quickly.
- A useful and very handy function in your walkie talkie will memorize channels.
- If present in the radio transmitter, the GPS will allow you to accurately and quickly determine your coordinates, which is essential when you need assistance.
- Possibility in the radio to change the type of modulation. SSB modulation may come in handy if you want to establish long-distance communication, in addition to the standard AM (out of town) and FM (in the city) modulations.
When choosing a walkie talkie for a car, keep in mind that a device with a low cost is usually bought only for use in emergencies. If you plan to use the car radio often and participate in the radio yourself, then you need to buy a walkie talkie for a car from the middle or high price segment.